Increasing Efficiency – Typically 10% to 50%
If you can measure it, you can manage it. MERLIN Tempus measures machine productivity in real-time.
MEMEX understands the need to be more competitive and to get the maximum throughput with your manufacturing machine assets. The MERLIN technology tool-kit first connects all machines on the plant floor, then visualizes machine monitoring in real-time. This allows factory floor teams to react quickly to situations and use MERLIN Tempus data to fine tune processes using lean manufacturing techniques. MEMEX technology helps improves operator productivity and satisfaction by reducing error-prone manual data collection and replacing it with an automated tracking system. Overall Equipment Effectiveness (OEE) is the key performance indicator that drives this machine monitoring process forward.
MERLIN Tempus core benefits:
- Delivers a 10%-50% average productivity increase with an acknowledged industry leader
- Earns 20%-plus profit improvement based on just a 10% increase in Overall Equipment Effectiveness (OEE)
- Achieves payback in less than four months with an Internal Rate of Return (IRR) greater than 300%
- Ensures no machine is left behind, connecting them with MTConnect, other protocols, or MERLIN hardware adapters for older machines
- Reveals ongoing factory productivity gains and ROI for years to come with MEMEX’s Continuous Improvement Fast-Track Services
The foundation of the MEMEX smart manufacturing tool-kit is MERLIN Tempus software. MERLIN Tempus is an open and extensible software that enables data-driven manufacturing with zero programming or custom integration. It offers a dynamic, user-configurable dashboard that provides a complete customizable view of shop floor operations.
MERLIN Tempus monitors every machine in your shop – CNC machines, non-CNC machines, sensors, fabrication centers and manual processes. They are all tied together with MEMEX connectivity tools that allow user-defined reports to be easily shared from the top floor to the top floor on a variety of Internet devices from PCs to smartphones.
To access required factory floor data, MERLIN Tempus supports MTConnect, Fanuc Focas, Fanuc I/O link to MTConnect®, OPC and other software protocols. While MTConnect is a software-only connection, MERLIN hardware adapters also embrace legacy machines so they too communicate with the MTConnect standard.
MTC-One is the newest MEMEX hardware product that allows easy USB plug-in analog inputs to collect, visualize and analyze real-time analog sensor data on temperature, humidity, noise level, power consumption and other sensor-driven data. A single MTC-One device brings the power of edge computing by monitoring up to 110 connected sensor devices simultaneously.
The bullet list below gives you an idea of what can be monitored and stored in a SQL database with MERLIN Tempus:
- OEE metric
- Availability metric
- Performance metric
- Event Monitoring
- Quality metric
- Cycle Time & Count
- Part Name
- Part Counts
- Alarm State Recording
- Interrupted Cycles Recorded
- Down Time
- Down Reason codes (automatic or operator or modal)
- Reject counts
- Reject reason codes
- Email / Cell Phone Alerts
- Feed Hold / Op Stop
- Feed / Rapid / Spindle Override
- Feed and Speed rate
- Product Standard comparison
- Idle Reason Tracking
- Real-time analog sensor data
Talk to a MEMEX representative
Watch a live MERLIN demo
Find a dealer or buy direct