Memex Inc. warrants all printed circuit boards and systems, that it manufactures, against defects in material and workmanship for a period of three years from the date of the original sales invoice under normal use and service. This warranty does not cover damages resulting from alterations, assembly, negligence, accidents, misuse, abuse, improper power source, improper operating environment, or repairs and services rendered by anyone other than Memex’s authorized service representatives, or resulting from perils such as wars, fire, water, lightening, theft or vandalism. This warranty is valid within Canada and the United States and applies to boards and systems that were new as of the date of purchase (unless otherwise specified on the original invoice). All warranty returns must have a Return Merchandise Authorization (RMA) number issued by Memex. Memex limits its shipping liability on claims made under this warranty to returns only.
All warranty services will be performed by Memex and its authorized technicians only. Memex shall not be responsible and will not honor any warranty claims resulting from any third party repair services rendered to Memex parts or systems. At the sole discretion of Memex, the parts or system or any component therein may be repaired, replaced or substituted. The purchaser’s sole and exclusive remedy for claims under this warranty is through this warranty service. All other express and implied warranties for parts or systems made or sold by Memex Inc., including the warranties of merchantability and fitness for a particular purpose, are hereby disclaimed. Some jurisdictions do not allow the exclusion of implied warranties or limitations on how long an implied warranty lasts, so the above limitations may not apply to you.
If any system or part is not in good working order as warranted above, the end customer’s sole and exclusive remedy shall be repair or replacement as provided above. In no event shall Memex be liable to a customer or any third party for any damages in excess of the purchase price on the system or part. This limitation applies to damages of any kind, including any direct or indirect damages, lost profits, lost savings or other special, incidental, exemplary or consequential damages, whether for breach of contract, tort or otherwise, or whether arising out of the use or inability to use such systems or parts even if Memex or an authorized Memex dealer has been advised of the possibility of such damages or of any claim by any other party. Some jurisdictions do not allow the exclusion or limitations of incidental or consequential damages for some products, so the above limitations or exclusions may not apply to you. This warranty gives you specific legal rights, and you may also have other rights which will vary from jurisdiction to jurisdiction.
As part of our continuing effort to improve customer service, we have established an RMA system for the return of any goods. If you have to return any products to us, for any reason, please observe the following procedures:
1. Before you ship us anything, call your Memex salesperson and explain the situation. If necessary, your salesperson will then pass you on to our Returns Department.
2. Our Memex Returns Department is the only group who can issue RMA numbers. When talking to them please have the model and serial number in question available, along with the invoice number.
3. Once you have received an official RMA number, package the goods to be returned. Clearly mark the RMA number on the outside of the box and send the package to the attention RMA #.
4. All Returns must be shipped prepaid unless otherwise authorized by Memex. No collect shipping charges will be accepted on any goods received.
5. No returns will be accepted without an official RMA number. Any warranty replacement items sent out are to be invoiced at full value with a credit to be issued upon receipt of the RMA item.
6. For unused equipment returned for refund with original packaging and RMA number within 15 days from date of purchase a 15% re-stocking fee will be applied.
7. If the returned product was functioning properly, in accordance with the documentation, then Memex is not liable for the return, and a credit to the customer account shall be applied less a minimum 15% re-stocking fee and any technical services time used by the customer.